While dogs and cats are different by design, they often have some of the same health problems. Owners who opt to carry pet insurance will surely save some money should their dog or cat develop these common conditions.
Top Pet Insurance Claims for Canines
- Ear Infections: Anything from ear mites and food allergies to foreign bodies entering the canal can cause ear infections, causing dogs to shake their heads and scratch them frequently.
- Allergies: Runny or stuffy nose, coughing, and sneezing are signs that your dog has encountered something they are allergic to. A vet visit using your pet coverage from Oliver Insurance will be necessary.
- Skin Infections: Brushing up against foliage and weeds or getting bit by fleas or ticks can result in painful skin infections.
- Upset Stomach: Pets may have apparent symptoms like loose stool, vomiting, or loss of appetite with an upset tummy. If there is blood in their stool or a fever, see a vet ASAP.
- Diarrhea: Dogs may have bouts of diarrhea that go away in a day or two. If it lasts longer, a dog can become dehydrated and have a serious condition.
Top Pet Insurance Claims for Felines
- Urinary Tract Infections: If the kitty is only urinating in small amounts and seems to strain or be in pain, have them checked for a UTI immediately.
- Upset Stomach: Like dogs, cats can get upset tummies for many of the same reasons their counterparts do.
- Kidney Failure: Lack of appetite, vomiting, dehydration, weakness, and weight loss are indicative of failing kidneys. This is an urgent care situation.
- Diarrhea: Cats get diarrhea occasionally, particularly those who like to eat plant greens and dig in the trash.
- Allergies: Symptoms are the same as in humans and dogs and include swelling and itching of the nose and eyes and nose. Sneezing, stuffy or runny nose, coughing, or red eyes.
Get Pet Insurance Today
Contact Oliver Insurance in Canby, OR for a quote from multiple carrier partners with just one phone call or online request. We offer a wide range of insurance services in five states on the West Coast, including pet insurance. Contact us to learn more!